- Provide workman's compensation insurance, as directed by state law, to all volunteer firefighters
in Pennington County.
- Provide vehicle liability insurance for all fire vehicles that are owned or co-owned by Pennington
County and/or the local volunteer fire department.
- Assist Pennington County volunteer fire departments in the purchase of firefighting equipment,
vehicles, training and other fire-related activities.
- Provide a central focal point for fire-related
items. (This may include, but is not limited to, administration, training, financial, public and/or news
media relations, operations--both structural and wild land, and hazardous material.)
- Advise the Pennington County Board of Commissioners on fire-related activities.
- Act as liaison between all law enforcement agencies, state and national agencies, various other county
officials and other fire departments.
Pennington County Fire Administration does not provide any direct fire suppression activities or duties.
This is the responsibility of the 19 volunteer and two career fire departments that serve